Monday, April 26, 2010

SlideShare

SlideShare is a great site for teachers to keep their presentations in one place for easy access and re-use (and to even share them with other teaching professionals or their students). A feature of SlideShare is that you are able to embed videos and audio files into your presentations. Using SlideShare, I embedded a video 'The Layers of the Earth Rap' from YouYube into my 4/5 Science lesson presentation (below).

Audio files (such as a narration of the presentation) can be uploaded into SlideShare and synchronized with the slide transitions in presentations. This feature demonstrates how ICTs could be used to support learning outside the classroom, for instance, learners can listen to your presentation of the material when you are not physically present. As I do not have computer microphone, I was unable to add personal narration to my presentation, instead I downloaded some royalty free music and added the audio file to my presentation. I can certainly see the benefits of doing so for your learners. Adding an audio component (be it music or a narration), serves to stimulate a further sense, and would be particularly advantageous to auditory learners or those with a dominant musical intelligence.

4/5 Science Presentation

No comments:

Post a Comment