Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I have entered… The BLOGOSPHERE!!

Do, do, do, do, do… well, that sounds very sci-fi, doesn’t it?

A term you might encounter while watching; Star Wars, Star Trek, Star Gate or come to think of it, practically any show with the word ‘star’ in the title!.

This is my first ever blog, and this year is sure to be a year of ‘firsts’ for me. You see, I have embarked on a new and exciting journey into the world of a pre-service teacher. My teaching focus is Primary, and this time next year, I hope to be teaching students in the early years of learning (ideally Year 2 or 3), within a Central Queensland school.

My employment and tertiary background is in advertising and marketing; having completed a Bachelor of Business (Advertising/ Marketing) and an Honours Degree in Marketing at Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, in 2006. Employment wise, I’ve worked as; a market researcher, marketing assistant, a university tutor at QUT, an advertising account manager with APN News & Media and most recently as an advertising representative and administrator at The Rockhampton Morning Bulletin.

However, I have always been attracted to a career in the teaching profession. Even when I was studying at university, I found myself tutoring other students and undergraduate classes! After being in the workforce for a couple of years, I’ve come to the realisation that, I need to follow my heart, and become a teacher or as I’ve recently come to know it, a 'Learning Manager.' Consequently, I'm now enrolled in a Graduate Diploma of Learning and Teaching at CQUniversity Australia.

I look forward to exploring the digital tools and learning design and pedagogical theories in the course ‘Information Communication Technologies for Learning Design’ - discovering how ICTs are being harnessed in classrooms, and sharing my thoughts with fellow GDLT’ers (and anyone else who happens to read my blog). Most of all though, I’m keen to engage with students during my EPL days (which is in just 2 weeks time now), as I’ll most likely be learning more from them, than they will from me!

Thank you for visiting this weblog, I hope you find the postings here of interest. Please feel free to share any comments you may have. I’d love to read your thoughts and feedback, and inturn visit your blog.

Best regards,
Karlee

(Image above courtesy of Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment